AWLS Parent & Staff Communication - 12/16/21
TiKTok School Safety Concern
The school district has been made aware of media reports concerning a National TikTok violence threat to schools across the United States on Friday, December 17. The reports indicate that the initial TikTok threat was generalized to all schools in the Nation. There are media reports in other States about additional TikTok and other social media platform threats from this initial message. The Anthony Wayne District is monitoring the reports and working with the Police Departments to gather additional information on these reports. Out of an abundance of caution, the District will have an increase in police presence at each of the schools tomorrow. Please understand that the District is not aware of a specific threat against AWLS.
Parents, we encourage you to continue to have conversations with your student(s) about the appropriate use of social media. Please let them know that every threat is taken seriously and those involved can face suspension and/or expulsion and legal charges from the police department. The District would like to remind students, parents, community members, and staff that if they hear about school safety concerns to please report these to either the school administration or anonymously through the Safer Ohio School Tip line at (844) 723-3764.
Dr. Jim Fritz
Athletic Events - Online Ticket Instructions
As of this writing, we are excited to expect indoor and outdoor athletic facilities at full capacity for Fall of 2021! As we prepare for these events, it is essential to note to spectators that ALL AWHS and AWJH home athletic events will require tickets to be purchased online. We will sell NO tickets at the ticket entrance. As of this writing, no passcodes will be necessary to purchase tickets to any athletic event, and all are welcome to purchase event tickets.
Below we have outlined a step by step purchasing process for AW athletic passes and athletic tickets:
- Visit www.anthonywayneschools.org
- On the lefthand side of the homepage, scroll down to "Ticket Box Office."
- This will lead you to the AW / Hometown Tickets page.
- Search for the event/pass you are interested in.
- Once you have completed your purchase, your ticket will be emailed to you. Print this ticket, or provide the QR code on your phone for admittance.
- We recommend printing and laminating any athletic pass or screenshotting the QR code to your smartphone. Please have this (and other tickets) prepared to be scanned by game day personnel upon arrival.
- A purchased ticket/pass is necessary for all individuals age five and up at all AW ticketed events, regardless of the level of play.
- Tickets will be available for purchase 2 weeks before the said event's game date.
- For those spectators not vaccinated, masks are recommended.
* Please note varsity football season tickets will be unavailable after 8/20/2021, and purchasing game by game will be required. This is due to Hometown Ticketing software.
For questions regarding AW Athletics, event tickets, and/or athletic schedules, please contact:
John Snyder - Athletic Director - email@example.com
Judy Carter - Athletic Ticket Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Tiffany Tully - Athletic Secretary - email@example.com